s4:provision_users.ldif - Import all essential groups for Windows Server 2008 mode

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 10 17:08:52 MST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 04:05 -0600, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> The branch, master has been updated
>        via  5c174c6... s4:provision_users.ldif - Import all essential groups for Windows Server 2008 mode
>       from  a3e089d... s4-ldb: display security descriptors with correct SDL for known SIDs
>
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
>

> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> commit 5c174c68ccba7506147feab1d09ad676792139b3
> Author: Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mwallnoefer at yahoo.de>
> Date:   Sun Jan 10 10:47:30 2010 +0100
>
>     s4:provision_users.ldif - Import all essential groups for Windows Server 2008 mode
>
>     Additionally I had to fix some bugs (especially wrong "groupTypes") and
>     reordered the objects using the SID (this is easier when enhancing the file).

Matthias,

I wonder if you could split out your cleanup commits more?  I know it's
a pain, but it's really hard to see what the new code is when it is
mixed up with reordering the file.

If you had the additions, then the re-order, I would have a fighting
chance of seeing what the actual changes are.

This isn't a rule just for you, but a best practice over the whole team.
See for example my NTLMSSP changes not being accepted yet, and metze
splitting up even the small changes I've already made.  He has a great
little rule:  If you need to say 'Additionally' or 'also' in a commit
message, then you probably want to split things into multiple commits.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.