ctdb memory usage

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:55:44 MST 2010

I see.

Ok, i can make it a command line setting to control how big the log
area should be.

The purpose of this ringbuffer for logging is to be able to extract
useful log information from a system semi-immediately after an
incident has triggered.
(Since logging continously at level 10 to a log file may be unrealistic).

So it kind of allows you to log with a reasonable level to disk, but
once an abnormal incident has triggered, you can extract basically a
full level 10 log from memory.
This is MUCH nicer than "increase the log level to 10 and see if it
happens again" which is a suboptimal troubleshooting approach for
critical production systems. :-)

It would be _VERY_ nice to have something similar for samba.

regards
ronnie