[Samba] sendfile

Learner Study learner.study at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:34:51 MST 2010

I just checked the manpage for 2.6.25 and it says the same. So, we are
out of luck ;-(

Ok, so read (i.e. reading from disk and sending to socket) uses
sendfile() but write involves two copies.

So, read performance should be way higher than write performance. What
I notice is read is same as write in my case (have tried 3.0.21 and
3.0.25). Any ideas what could be causing that?

Thanks for your time and help!

PS: I would study sendfile in later linux versions and let you know if
I find anything interesting.