[Samba] sendfile

Learner Study learner.study at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:05:35 MST 2010

Hi Volker:

1. sendfile() takes a input-fd and out-fd so why can't that be used
for WRITE operation (i.e. reading from socket fd on network side and
writing to file fd towards the disk).

2. Without sendfile() (in WRITE operation), data is read from socket
in user space before being written back to the disk (kernel space).
So, there are two copies (one during socket read and second during
disk write).
Is that correct understanding?

Thanks a lot!