SAMBA3.5pre2-Does map untrusted to domain work?

Steven Danneman steven.danneman at isilon.com
Wed Jan 6 17:57:41 MST 2010

Hi Michael,

I don't quite understand the problem you're having.  You're saying that
you set "map untrusted to domain" to yes in your smb.conf, and you're
still unable to login without specifying a domain name?

What you described in your email is the new intended behavior.  If your
client is not joined to the domain, and you want to authenticate to a
member Samba server with a domain user, you must explicitly specify the
domain of that user on the client machine.  This is the
new-matches-Windows behavior.

-Steven

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-January/068635.html