Security Groups in Samba4

Rohit Rajan rohit.rajan at catalyst-us.com
Wed Jan 6 02:56:36 MST 2010

What I have done is created a group "test" in samba4 using "Active Directory users and computers" then created the similar group "test" in linux using the groupadd command, since there is no swat to link the samba4 group to unix group I logged on to phpldapadmin and added the attribute "posixgroup" in the Objectclass of the "test" group.

Then I assigned the "test" group to a folder and changed the permissions for user and group to rwx, now this folder is accessible to everyone.

I went back to phpldapadmin and removed the attribute "posixgroup" also removed the 2 users I added earlier to this group.

And even now the directory is accessible to every one.

Thanks

Rohit