Samba: map untrusted to domain

MICHAEL BROWN mbrown at mesainc.com
Mon Jan 4 15:39:54 MST 2010

Greetings,
I am using Samba 3.5.0 pre2 for testing.  Samba is joined to Windows 2008 server.  The "map untrusted to domain" does not
seem to work with 3.5? The only way I can get a Windows XP machine that is *not* joined to the domain to authenticate
is to force the \\DOMAIN\user when trying to connect to a Samba share on the server joined to the 2008 server. It does
not matter if that switch is on or off in that it will not take just the "user".
Is there any way around this?  Meaning, I need to temp. drop the "domain", before the username, until everything is setup
and then add/force it back once all of the machines are joined.

Thanks!

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.