using eadb with (g|s)etntacl

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Mon Jan 4 11:23:09 MST 2010

Hello,

I had a look today on the request of andrew B. to make setntacl and
getntacl use the same code path as the file server so that posix:eadb
could be used.

After a quick look at the code it looks not straightforward  first the
reading of the definition of "posix:eadb" is done in function
pvfs_setup_options which needs a pvfs_state to work and also all
manipulation of xattr need a pvfs_state object.

But in fact if we can create easily a simple  pvfs_state object then
make something like pvfs_setup_options to allocate an eadb object if the
parameter is defined followed by pull_xattr_blob/push_xattr_blob.

Any comments ?

Matthieu.