Samba: map untrusted to domain

Steven Danneman steven.danneman at isilon.com
Mon Jan 4 14:00:41 MST 2010

Hey Tom,

I'm not familiar with DOS SMB clients at all, but using a WinXP client I
believe if the client machine is also joined to the domain the kernel
will automatically append the domain name onto the username before
sending it over the wire.  If the client is not joined to the domain, or
is joined to a different trusted domain then you must specify the fully
qualified credentials (ie: DOMAIN\user) when mounting a share.

-Steven