Remote Administration Protocol protocol (RAP / Lanman) over SMB2

Gerald Carter jerry at plainjoe.org
Fri Feb 26 06:51:05 MST 2010

Daniel Ng wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this
> question.  If you know a better location, please feel
> free to redirect me.  Thanks in advance.
>
> I am asked to upgrade my company's existing smb server
> implementation to support SMB2.  This is a proprietary
> code which only supports smb1 and Remote Administration
> Protocol protocol (RAP / Lanman).  It does
> not have WKSSVC & SRVSVC services which are being used
> in SMB2 communications between Vista & Win7 stations.
> This server was probably developed back in Windows NT era.

Hey Daniel,

I don't really see a question here.  What would you like to know?

Andrew is probably right about the cifs-protocol mailing list
being more suited for discussions not directly related to
Samba's implementation.

cheers, jerry
Senior Software Developer                               Likewise-CIFS
http://www.likewiseopen.org/