CMake Proposal

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Feb 24 21:23:52 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 14:40 +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> So, what we need is to work out what rules we want for linking, then
> we need to encode those rules into the build system so that we ensure
> we stick to them. I've listed the rules above that I'm thinking about
> at the moment. If you have any suggestions on alternative rules, or
> additional rules, then please let us know. We need these rules no
> matter what build system we use.

I am glad that it seem we agree on most stuff, I am less glad that your
replies often look like a rebuttal of what I said and contains some
silly questions like: "Do you want to drop PIDL?"
This kind of sarcasm is not productive, and you later demonstrate you
understood perfectly well what I meant, although you put it down in a
very negative and confrontational way.
I will leave it at that, glad that at least you agree on the core
problems, let's hope we will find a way to actually address them for
real.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce