CMake Proposal

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 24 18:37:18 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 20:25 -0500, simo wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 11:40 +1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> > I also think calling cmake 'standard' is a bit of a stretch.

> I hoped that putting our hands and heads on the build system
> could be a good opportunity to tray and fix some of these problems at
> the same time, whatever the build system used.

I really think we should make a good choice of build system for the
future of Samba, and then try to reduce the complexity or dependency
problems.  Or, reduce those first then pick a build system that suits
the new, easier problem.

We should not mix the two very big challenges into one step.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.