SMB Traffic Analyzer V2

Holger Hetterich hhetter at novell.com
Fri Feb 12 16:20:56 MST 2010

Hi Samba team,

on git://github.com/hhetter/smb-traffic-analyzer.git,
or http://github.com/hhetter/smb-traffic-analyzer.git,

in the "master" branch, you can find the protocol version 2
implementation of vfs_smb_traffic_analyzer. The repository
is rebased to the current samba.org master branch.

Development took very long, as I had to adapt my life to a newborn
daughter and because I need to write a working receiver in parallel of
the module development.

Protocol v2 among many changes prominently features:
- an easy to parse protocol format
- AES encryption of the data using a shared key
- subversions of the protocol, allowing me to add new features while
staying compatible with receivers that handle older versions.
- an option to extend the amount of data that is being send

This work adds a utility program called "smbta-util". With it, the user
can enable/change/disable the encryption settings of the module
on the fly.

Please review, and get it in if positive ;)

Cheers,
Holger
--
Holger Hetterich, hhetter at novell.com,