about wide links and unix extensions

Diego Remolina diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 11 06:11:16 MST 2010

Is it too hard to come up with a consensus on what directories are
common to all OS's, which should be protected, and simply block those by
default with the option (shipped as the samba default to block these,
unless you redefine the variable in smb.conf):

dont descend =
/boot,/dev,/devices,/etc,/hosts,/kernel,/lib,/lost+found,/mnt,/opt,/proc,/root,/sbin,/system,/usr,/var,/vol,/xfn

And still leave "wide links = yes"  by default?

Diego