[Release Planning] Upcoming releases

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Wed Feb 10 23:25:16 MST 2010

Quoting Karolin Seeger (kseeger at samba.org):

> As 3.5.0 will be out soon, I propose that 3.3.11 will be the last 3.3
> maintenance release (turning series into security fixes only mode).
> I would also like to discontinue 3.2 (security fixes only) now.

I can't say that I'm entirely happy with 3.2 having security support
discontinued as this is the version we currently ship in Debian
stable...but we knew that this time would happen anyway...and you
can't really maintain four release branches simultaneously.

I just hope that potential future security fixes can still get some
attention by the Samba Team, on a best effort basis (at least mention
whether a given security issue does affect 3.2 releases or not and
help backporting the fixes...).