S4/Active Directory

Anton Löthman takayama123 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 02:51:14 MST 2010

Hi,

I'm working on deploying Samba4 as a AD server on a small home network (as a school project)

1. There are a couple of users on the network, all running windows. I have managed to create, and join the AD (with windows computers), with users created on the samba4 server.

2. What i want is the users (running windows) to have their own homefolders mounted and only be able to view/modify their own.

3. I need to do some mapping between the AD users and the unix users.

4. Im running Centos 5.4 on my linux boxes and alpha12, from rsync.

So, my questions are the following:

(1) Will Samba4 in its current state, be able to handle this?
(2) How should i procced with the authentication problem, (winbind)?
(3) Should i use a combination of s3/s4? so i can use the old logon script for exampel?
(4) Im gladly writing some sort of case studie on this, when im getting it to work. Parhaps i can put it on the s4 wiki?
(5) English is just my second language, so its quite bad some times :D.
Takayama