[patches] python NTACLS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 9 14:49:54 MST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 18:36 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello Andrews,
>
> Find attached 2 patches :
> 1) for using secrets.ldb instead of sam.ldb for searching domain SID so
> that it will work on domain member as well
> 2) use short name (BA,SA,CO, ...) for assignee in file ACL for GPO and
> sysvol.

These look good.  The only change I request is that you put as much
detail in the commit message as possible (at least what you put here).

That way, we get a better chance of understanding what happened when we
have to look this over in future.  For example:

s4:provision use short name for assignee in file ACL for GPO and sysvol.

This avoids substituting in the domain SID manually, instead using the
short names (BA,SA,CO, ...) per the SDDL syntax (which then expand based
on the supplied domain SID).

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.