Note on printing for the 3.5.0 release notes.

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Tue Feb 9 10:17:16 MST 2010

Hi Jeremy,

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 08:45:31AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Hi Karolin & all,
>
> Here is a release note for 3.5.0 concerning the 64-bit
> Windows printing problem. Guenther, please review for
> accuraccy.

Yes, looks fine. Maybe only
s/"does not work reliably"/"does not work at all"/ :-)

In fact, I finally succeeded in making point-n-print from windows7 64bit
against s3 master work again just today.

There are still some fixmes to resolve but my plan is to get this in for
the next releases (yes, I know, I am late (ill last week)).

You can track the rough progress on
http://git.samba.org/?p=gd/samba/.git;a=shortlog;h=master-wip

Sounds ok ?

Thanks,
Guenther

--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org