Remove talloc from libwbclient

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue Feb 9 01:29:34 MST 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 17:36:35 Volker Lendecke wrote:

> In order to make libwbclient thread-safe, I would like to
> remove the use of talloc inside. I have also seen problems
> when the symbols get overwritten by talloc.so, so including
> a full talloc version from my point of view is a bad idea.

In order to address the "symbols getting overwritten" and also to keep down
the dependencies of libwbclient, I'd propose we go for option 3.

> 3. Replace wbcFreeMemory by wbcFreeSomething per structure

I'm happy to do the work on this, as removing a dependency on another library
will make it easier to eventually getting libwbclient into Wine as well. I'm
aware this will be breaking the API, but currently libwbclient is at interface
version 0.5, so I'd argue we should be allowed to make reasonable changes to
the API. Is anybody going to be mortally offended by this change?

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin