Bug 5198 - Gecos field is passed as full name

Tue Feb 9 00:27:49 MST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 02:27:17AM -0500, Jesse Malone wrote:
> Well, no luck so far. From what I can tell samu_set_unix_internal()
> doesn't get called when a user logs on to the domain. I put some debugs in
> both samu_set_unix_internal() and count_commas() but only see them logged
> in log.smbd when I launch smbd, not when a user logs in. In
> log.*machine_name* I only see debug messages from pdb_set_fullname(). I
> might of course be interpreting event incorrectly. On a hunch I've added
> the check for commas to  init_samu_from_buffer_v0() , v1() .... (see the
> patch below, against 3.4.3). I haven't had a chance to test this yet.
> Thoughts are welcome.

Do you have those commas somewhere in your pdb database like
in LDAP and/or passdb.tdb? If so, please fix those entries
there manually. My patch deliberately only fixes reading
/etc/passwd, if a user wants to store ,,, explicitly it
should be allowed.

Volker