Remove talloc from libwbclient

Sun Feb 7 07:56:57 MST 2010

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 09:44:50AM -0500, simo wrote:
> Another possibility is to add an explicit thread safe call.
> Something like talloc_ts_new(), and make sure it is used where
> necessary.

Sure. But we'd have to do a special talloc_ts_free() or add
the corresponding check for a flag to talloc_free(). And
ownership of a blob might change under talloc_steal().

> I guess the only problem with making every NULL allocation a thread safe
> one is to understand how many of them there are and how many would need
> to be changed. But otherwise it looks a perfectly valid approach to me.

Right now there are quite a few, but as I said: Most of them
I inspected were easily replaceable by non-NULL ones. And
then, a mutex_lock/unlock should not hurt *that* much :-)

Volker