drsuapi.idl flags

Kamen Mazdrashki kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
Fri Feb 5 05:45:57 MST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 13:05, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> wrote:
> I've pushed 1-6.

Thanks

> in 8 you still use
>
> DRSUAPI_SUPPORTED_EXTENSION_40000000 and
> DRSUAPI_SUPPORTED_EXTENSION_80000000

Yeah, I still wonder how to name those in drsuapi.idl,
as MS names are way too long, and they are not used anyway.

> Also you should make almost every symbol in net_drs_bins.c static.
Symbols are fine I think - DsBind/DsUnbind are used for every
command to be offered by 'net drs'.

> And the casts to info28 and info48 are ugly and would may crash
> against a server that returns info24 or info28.

It should work fine I think. Compiler is to generate binary copy
of the structure which is the same as using memcpy()
I've used '=' operator as it is more clear to guys like me, that
comes from C++/.Net/etc world :). libnet_BecomeDC() the same
in 33% of the cases also - which I like.
Please, let me know if Samba has some kind of policy regarding
such type of code which I am not aware of?

> I think it would be better if net_drs_DsBind would construct
> a info48 and return that to the caller.

Great idea, thanks!
I am refactoring it that way.

Many thanks for the review.
I will come back with refactored patches soon :)

--
CU,
Kamen Mazdrashki
kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com