net fsmo show|transfer|seize

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Feb 4 06:28:19 MST 2010

Hi Nadezhda,

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 15:01 +0200, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> The seize_role is indeed called:
>  elif subcommand == "seize":
> +            if role == "all":
> +                self.seize_role("rid", samdb, force)
> +                self.seize_role("pdc", samdb, force)
> +                self.seize_role("naming", samdb, force)
> +                self.seize_role("infrastructure", samdb, force)
> +                self.zeize_role("schema", samdb, force)
> +            else:
> +                self.seize_role(role, samdb, force)
I must've missed that, sorry! I blame evolution's search functionality :-)

> I am not sure I understand your comment about getting a sam database from the command line arguments, I cant exactly imagine what you mean...
I'm proposing we add a convenience method on the Command class that can
take care of obtaining a connection to the Sam database for you, based
on the arguments that were specified. This should prevent us from
duplicating 5 lines or so in most of the net subcommands that have been
implemented so far. Just a thought that came up while I was reading your
patch, not really something that we have to fix now.

Cheers,

Jelmer