net fsmo show|transfer|seize

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Feb 4 05:57:24 MST 2010

Hi Nadezhda,

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 18:11 +0200, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> Hi Team,
> I pushed the new net fsmo command, which can be used to cause a server to transfer a role to itself or seize it. Implementation is based on some research with ntdsutil tool. Tested against win2008, but we have some implementation is Samba 4 until it can transfer roles. I'll test it some more, my environment got busted after I reverted a snapshot.
> Jelmer, I would appreciate it if you do a review when you have some time:
>
> http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=dffb5ad2bf75fc0bcb69dce5cde52c8a1ea9c4f9
Looks good! Two minor comments:
* cmd_fsmo.seize_role doesn't seem to be called anywhere, is it dead
code?
* the help for --role seems to include too much newlines, if you use """
you shouldn't need the \n

Perhaps - but let's keep that separate of this patch - given the number
of net commands that seem to use the samdb, we should add a helper
function to get at a sam database from the command-line arguments (i.e.
a SamdbCommand class that subclasses Command?).

Cheers,

Jelmer