LDB_connect

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 28 16:01:37 MST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-29 at 03:03 +1030, Indexer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the way that LDB_connect works from the python tools, I am reading
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDB/API#ldb_connect.28.29
>
> If i wanted to use this to modify the contents of an existing AD server, would this be correct? It seems it may not be as this is for ldap as a storage backend rather than interacting with AD itself
>
> If not, what is the correct python library to use to interact with an AD server on a "higher" level, aka the RPC tools?

I suggest you run (adjust to your prefix):

PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ pydoc ldb

to learn about the python ldb API.

This a correct tool to interact with LDAP servers of any kind, including
Samba4 as an AD domain controller.

The 'samba' package includes RPC methods to make higher-level
abstraction calls, see the python tools under scripting/bin and
scripting/python for examples on how to use it.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.