samba-tool drs command

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Mon Dec 27 14:54:23 MST 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 08:29,  <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:
> Excuse me for being dense but:
>
> zaphod# ./samba-tool drs replicate zaphod eowyn
> Usage: net drs replicate <DEST_DC> <SOURCE_DC> <NC>
>
> What the devil is <NC>?

<NC> is the DN of the Naming Context you want to force replication for.
Here is an example for running 'samba-tool drs replicate' command:
bin/samba-tool drs replicate targetdc sourcedc
CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com
Where:
 'sourcedc' is the DC we are going to replicate from
 'targetdc' is the DC we are going to replicate to (basically this DC
    will start replication cycle from 'sourcedc')
 'CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com' is the DN of
    Configuration naming context we want to trigger replication for

--
CU,
Kamen Mazdrashki