Facing problems while compiling libnss_winbind.so on CentOS5.4

ssnkumar ssnkumar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 23:37:50 MST 2010

Hi,

    I am trying to build Samba-5.4.6 on CentOS5.4.
    I got the tar.gz file of the source and trying to compile source3.
    My configure command is: ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-automount
--enable-shared=PKGS --enable-debug --enable-nss-wrapper --enable-developer
--enable-swat --with-libsmbclient --with-pam --with-winbind
--enable-shared-libs --enable-socket-wrapper --with-krb5=/usr/heimdal

    Note that I have installed heimdal library from the source and it is
located at /usr/heimdal.

    I did "gmake all" in source3 and it completed successfully.
    But, I don't find libnss_winbind.so in my built objects.
    I tried to build "gmake all" in source4 and that gave the error:
bin/mergedobj/cli_auth.o: In function `netlogon_creds_copy':
/old_Centos/Software/samba-3.5.6/source4/../libcli/auth/credentials.c:486:
undefined reference to `dom_sid_dup'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [bin/wbinfo] Error 1

    I was not able to resolve this error.

    Can you please let me know how to compile libnss_winbind.so from
source3?

Regards,
Narendra