Removing autotools build from tdb ?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Dec 21 14:46:21 MST 2010

Hi Rusty, Tridge,

At the moment both talloc and tdb still have code to support a
autotools-based build, while waf is the default build system.

These builds generate libraries without symbol versioning and they are
yet another place where we need to keep the version number up to date
(both configure.ac files are currently out of date). They are also yet
two more different configurations that we need to keep building,
although that's not really been an issue so far.

Would you object to removing the autotools-based builds code?

Cheers,

Jelmer