Connection to IBM iSeries IFS

Tue Dec 21 04:18:40 MST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 04:51:28PM -0600, Sanders, Duane wrote:
> I have a MacBook that I use to connect to our iSeries IFS. I am running Snow
> Leopard 10.6 which has Samba version 3.0.28a.  I can see the directories in
> the IFS, but when I click on a directory that I know has 40 files, I can
> only see about 30-31 of the files.  I have seen a comment to this on the
> Samba.org website.  There was a note that this issue had been repaired in
> Samba 3.4 (maybe 3.5)...i can't remember.  I can't find my way back to that
> comment.  How can I verify if this issue has been fixed and how to get this
> new version into my MacBook?

iSeries IFS seems to be a SMB server for OS/400, at least
that's what I get from google. OS/X does ship Samba, but for
acting as a client to mount shares Samba is not involved.
You might want to contact the Apple support for help here.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9