ldap_syntaxes.py test fixes

Anatoliy Atanasov anatoliy.atanasov at postpath.com
Mon Dec 20 14:22:36 MST 2010

Hi Andrew,

I was able to fix the test against sam.ldb but it still fails against samba4 ldap server.
The fixes are here: http://git.samba.org/?p=anatoliy/anatoliy.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ldap-syntaxes

The problem that is left is the following:
When you run the test against the locally running samba server the python ldb search fails, but when i executed the same failing search with bin/ldbsearch i got the correct search result. What i checked so far:
1. wireshark capture - both packets (test and ldbsearch) are the same
2. ltdb_search - both contexts are the same and they are equal to the the sam.ldb search context

              ldap_syntaxes.py search         bin/ldbsearch seach
ldap                fail                              ok

sam.ldb              ok                               ok

So far i couldn't find a difference between python ldb search and bin/ldbsearch its just that the results are different.
I debugged the call stack but i couldn't find where is the place where the entries are read from the database nor where is the possible place where they are removed and only a referral is returned.
Any help is appreciated.

Regards, Anatoliy