cm_prepare_connection() & SMBSERVER Netbios query

Dina_Fine at Dell.com Dina_Fine at Dell.com
Tue Dec 14 00:37:51 MST 2010

Hi Volker,

> > Sure, sounds perfectly reasonable. The simplest way would be to just
> > skip 139 if winbind knows that a domain is AD.

What do you mean if winbind knows that a domain is AD - what else can it be?
Why winbind needs 139 at all? Is it used for some real netbios purpose? Can it try to open only port 445?

I ask those questions because we also have a product with samba 3.0.37 and I want to make a very small change there. Your patch is relevant to 3.5.x which I will test later on our other product branch.

Thanks a lot,
Dina