some news about buildfarm

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Dec 12 02:46:59 MST 2010

Hello,

Today we have a couple of more hosts in the build farm that are able to
build and install samba4 : Sernet-True64, hape (HPUX11.0), samba-amd64
(openbsd 4.8) and samba-i386 (openbsd 4.7) it didn't mean that they are
free from test error but at least configure/make/make install works.

That's not that bad and I guess it's a very reasonable goal to say that
all the servers in the build farm should build s3 master tree and s4
master tree, there might be exceptions but not too much of them.

We are quite close to this point and already I'd like that for hosts
that now builds who ever broke the build (or the install) provide a fix
in a timely manner. Is there any objection ?

After when it comes to test, I think that it's acceptable to have broken
tests related to AD DC stuff on host that won't be AD DC (ie. irix,
tru64, old version of HPUX), but at least the test must fail every time,
because flaky tests are they generate false positive in build error
messages.

On other hosts we must tend to 0 failed tests, that's also something
I've been working on last months and starts to give some results thanks
to this we identified a couple of flacky tests related to vampire_dc
environment (fsmo transfert, ...), I'm thinking to have a list of known
flaky tests so that persons who fails on a flaky test didn't receive an
email.

So far the quite reliable hosts for s4 builds are:

sn-devel-104
freebsd
core-01
magni
opi
SerNet-sles8
svart

It means that if you receive an email about this hosts then there is
high chance that you broke something !

For those interested on fixing test errors on host that almost pass make
test (that is to say ~ 10 errors) here is the list of what fails (apart
from the vampire_dc related tests), I would be happy to have help from
anybody to fix them (the first step is in lot of case to have a clearer
vision of what has failed instead of an "unknown error")

buildsamba02
samba4.net.domopen(dc)

burns
samba4.net.domopen(dc)
samba4.base.maximum_allowed(dc)
samba4.raw.acls(dc)
samba4.blackbox.wbinfo(dc:local)
samba4.raw.mux(dc)

opensolaris
samba4.local.time
samba4.blackbox.kinit(dc:local) all kind of DC
samba4.blackbox.gentest(dc)
samba4.ldap.secdesc.python(dc) all kind of DC

builder72
samba4.ntvfs.cifs.base.delete(dc)
samba4.rpc.lsa.secrets on ncacn_ip_tcp with Kerberos - use target
principal(fl2000dc)
samba4.raw.open(dc)
samba4.nbt.winsreplication(dc)

Matthieu.