FreeBSD version LDB_0.9.10 required by /usr/local/samba/sbin/sambanot defined

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Sat Dec 11 22:23:58 MST 2010

> > zaphod# /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/samba/lib/libldb-samba4.so.0:
> version
> > LDB_0.9.10 required by /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba not defined
>
> The problem is that the install of ldb-samba4.so*  moved from being in
> /usr/local/samba/lib/ to being in /usr/local/samba/lib/samba/
>
> It looks like your install it pickup up the old library instead of the
> new one.

Well that's a big "DOH!" on my part for not noticing that...seriously.
 So, I shall try in the morning to do the git update on the PDC.

I managed to, using a combination of ntdsutil on a W2K3R2 server and
an ldap browser to remove old zaphod from the domain. After doing so,
samba-tool join seemed to indicate that the new join for server zaphod
had worked, however, drive shares do not work (password prompt...user
account trust relationship doesnot exist), and drs tools don't work
either...so that one is now very badly broken...not at all sure at
this point how to clean this up.