Extending Samba4 schema

Andris Lismanis andris at lismanis.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 20:16:44 MST 2010

Hi,

Following on from 'http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-November/074786.html' thread, I have come across another problem. I have been playing with Samba4 and Zarafa integration. I have managed to extend most of attributes with exception of few. Samba4 ldb seems to crash when importing the following type of attribute:

dn: CN=Zarafa-Send-As,<SchemaContainerDN>

changetype: add

adminDisplayName: Zarafa-Send-As

attributeID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.26278.1.1.2.4

attributeSyntax: 2.5.5.1

cn: Zarafa-Send-As

distinguishedName: CN=Zarafa-Send-As,<SchemaContainerDN>

instanceType: 4

isSingleValued: FALSE

lDAPDisplayName: zarafaSendAsPrivilege

name: Zarafa-Send-As

objectCategory: CN=Attribute-Schema,<SchemaContainerDN>

objectClass: top

objectClass: attributeSchema

oMSyntax: 127

schemaIDGUID:: xpDaV2kqTtOVsFJD/YqQuw==

showInAdvancedViewOnly: TRUE

searchFlags: 0

It looks like samba does not like either oMSyntax: 127 (other syntaxes are fine) or attributeSyntax: 2.5.5.1 (other attributes are fine). I have tested this both on 4.0.0alpha12-GIT-f12756b and 4.0.0alpha14-GIT-929063b

Can someone confirm that this is to do with full AD schema issue or is this something else and whether there is any way round this.

I'm also attaching the original LDF file that comes with Zarafa. Please note that changetype has been changed to add and <SchemaContainerDN> to CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com

Thanks,

Andris