Need help algorithm rid base error!

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Dec 4 18:32:13 MST 2010

Hello,

2010/12/2 Marcelo Felipe <mfelipe at victoria.com.ar>:
> Could you tell me where the problem is and give me some kind of help or
> explanation about how to solve this?
>
> The error is:
>
> [2010/12/01 23:03:34,  0] passdb/pdb_interface.c:pdb_new_rid(1063)
>  'algorithmic rid base' is set but a passdb backend without algorithmic RIDs
> is chosen.
>  Please map all used groups using 'net groupmap add', set the maximum used
> RID using  'net setmaxrid' and remove the parameter

"Modern" passdb backends such as tdbsam or ldapsam which can store max RID
information in itself no longer use 'algorithmic rid base' parameter.

If you want to use 'algorithmic rid base' parameter, you can use smbpasswd or
ldapsam_compat which is compatible with Samba 2.x and cannot store max RID
information in itself.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>