[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Dec 3 16:18:20 MST 2010

Hi Matthias,

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 23:57 +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> commit d0b39324471e5226613a86aad313557cd4a89a9a
> Author: Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer <mdw at samba.org>
> Date:   Fri Dec 3 22:47:21 2010 +0100
>
>     s4:lsa RPC server - always initialise "info" structures
>
>     This should help to fix bug #7769
I'm not sure if this (zeroing out the structs) is the right thing to do.
The struct members that were previously uninitialised are now perhaps
initialised - but set to zero. We should really be making sure that all
members are set explicitly. Which ones were we missing here?

One of the reasons we don't zero out variables sometimes is so valgrind
will detect that we haven't fully initialised them when e.g. sending
them over the wire.

Cheers,

Jelmer