Shared library errors running smbtorture in V3.2.0 and higher

Charles Bryant cjbryant at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 1 12:28:09 MST 2010

Hello,
       I am a frequent user of the smbtorture tool which always has
compiled and run fine on Redhat Linux machine running kernel level
2.6.9-89.0.25.
       I decided to upgrade from V3.0.37 to V3.2.0 and something has
changed as I know receive shared library errors attempting to use the
newly compiled smbtorture binary:

./smbtorture: error while loading shared libraries: libwbclient.so.0:
cannot openshared object file: No such file or directory.

       The normal way I create the smbtorture tool is the following:

1) un-tar the tarball
2) ./autogen.sh from the source or source3 directory
3) make
4) make smbtorture.

Is there a new or required option I need to run on the ./configure command
to alleviate this error?  The libwbclient..so sym link and the file
libwbclient.so.0 file do exist in the bin directory.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  Thank you!

~Charlie