PB withi GPO was Re: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:04:01 MDT 2010

 On 08/30/2010 03:13 PM, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>  On 8/25/2010 12:10 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>>  Ok have you tried to use pstools from microsoft if not I suggest to.
>> Go on internet search for pstools or psexec.
>> Then as administrator you do psexec.exe -s \\xpworkstation cmd
>> It should show you a cmd window on the workstation "xpworkstation" you
>> are connected as "SYSTEM", then try to do:
>>
>> All of this should work as you say that it's ok on XP.
>>
>> Then do the same but on you vista workstation
>>
>> Matthieu
> This is strange. It works on both machines. The Vista one still says
> access is denied in the GPO logs.
>
> Trever
Ok, I reinstalled Vista (as there were other problems). The other
problems are gone. However, gpt.ini in software install GPOs do not
work. All other GPOs (default with a bunch of settings, etc.) all load
and are accessible.

In addition to the dir tests, I also did type ....\gpt.ini. I get the
appropriate output. I will be creating another domain today/tomorrow and
testing it with another Vista machine testing an install of the same
software (slightly newer version... OOo 3.3 beta 1 versus a dev version).

Any idea what this is likely to be?

Thank you,
Trever
--
"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the
letters get in the wrong places." -- A. A. Milne (1882-1958)