PB withi GPO was Re: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Aug 25 00:10:04 MDT 2010

  Hi Trever,

On 24/08/2010 02:01, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>   On 08/23/2010 10:57 AM, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>> The GPO will install the package (OOodev3.3 in this case) on XP Pro, but
>> not on Vista Ultimate.
> I realized I left out a few important details. It is the gpt.ini that is
> not being read. The error is "access denied" that is showing up in GPO
> event logs. Effective permissions after --resetfileacl for System is
> Full Control.
Ok have you tried to use pstools from microsoft if not I suggest to. Go
on internet search for pstools or psexec.
Then as administrator you do psexec.exe -s \\xpworkstation cmd
It should show you a cmd window on the workstation "xpworkstation" you
are connected as "SYSTEM", then try to do:

* dir \\samba\sysvol
* dir \\samba\sysvol\<domain_dns_name>\
* dir \\samba\sysvol\<domain_dns_name>\Policies
* dir
\\samba\sysvol\<domain_dns_name>\Policies\{a_policy_guid_that_exists_in_the_policies_folder}

All of this should work as you say that it's ok on XP.

Then do the same but on you vista workstation

Matthieu

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org