Able to help me merging the privilege code?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 22 17:45:37 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 00:56 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > Michael,
> >
> > A while back we talked about the possibility of merging the privileges,
> > code, given how close the NT_USER_TOKEN and struct security_token are.
>
> It is a little embarassing, but I don't really remember that.
> So it must have been a rather superficial discussion (or with
> someone else). Don't be mad at me when I am forgot something
> here... But so what, it sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

Good.  I'll slowly start making some proposals here over the next little
while.  In the first instance, I'll propose to change the privileges
bitmap in NT_USER_TOKEN to be a 64 bit number.

> > It seems to me that there is some tricky stuff in the LSA code,
> > particularly around the infamous nt printer migration tool to watch out
> > for, but it looks quite practical.
> >
> > Do you think we could collaborate to merge these structures?
>
> I have no objections at all, but you would have to be patient with
> me since I don't have a lot of continuous time at the moment, and
> more importantly, I might not be the expert on that code that
> you seem to think I am. ;)

You seem to have the last copyright on those files, that's all :-)

> > The aim would be to then share source3/lib/util_seaccess.c with
> > source4/libcli/security/util_seaccess.c, as well as eventually things
> > like the access checking in SAMR.
> >
> > (Changes to unify the structure - removing a * - without changing
> > privileges are in my session-info branch)
>
> That sounds like a good start.

I've merged that in.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.