Issues in compiling samba-3.5.4 from source

Abhinav Gupta3 abgupta7 at in.ibm.com
Thu Aug 19 04:18:15 MDT 2010

Sorry for missing out on the CC list.

After copying the modules to /usr/lib and replacing the samba binaries in
/usr/sbin with the new ones, I get the following -

lf9:/usr/local/sbin# smbstatus -V
Version 3.5.4
lf9:/usr/local/sbin# smbcontrol smbd start
Can't find pid for destination 'smbd'
lf9:/usr/local/sbin# smbcontrol /usr/local/sbin/smbd start
Can't find pid for destination '/usr/local/sbin/smbd'
lf9:/usr/local/sbin# ls
nmbd*      smbd*      swat*      winbindd*

Regards,
Abhinav Gupta
Senior Systems Engineer - Linux, Unix, AIX, IT Security
DST India, GBS GD - AS
Email: abgupta7 at in.ibm.com
Hello: 91-080-41954174