unique index violation on objectSid in ...

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 11:35:27 MDT 2010

Hi all,
By mistake i have added (through ldbadd) a user account with explicit
objectSid of different domain. Realising my mistake i have removed the
account through AD Users and computers utility.
Now when i try to add the same user again (this time without the
objectSid attribute) i get the following error:

ERR: Entry already exists : "../lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1175: Failed
to re-index objectSid in CN=usr1,OU=Domain Users,DC=<my domain> -
../lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1107: unique index violation on objectSid
in CN=usr1,OU=Domain Users,DC=<my domain>" on DN CN=usr1,OU=Domain
Users,DC=>my domain>
Added 0 records with 1 failures

I can't find any trace of CN=usr1, or the old objectSid in samb.ldb
(using ldbsearch) - where should i be looking?

Thx

Luk