s4 password changes

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Aug 17 00:19:31 MDT 2010

Hi Nadya,

> Here is the wip branch:
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=nivanova/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/aclsearch
>
> I started by denying access to anonymous depending on dSHeuristics. The
> tests that I wrote to ensure this is correct are passing, but a lot of other
> things broke, such as samr tests, lsa, secure channel, ldb tests, because
> they were no longer able to read necessary data from the database. I will
> send more details later.

I have some comments regarding:
s4-samr: Adapted SAMR calls to use system session, with access check for
administrator

Please implement the SAMR access checks correct, by having an
allowed_access mask
on the policy handles, and then only check for the needed access bits in
each operation.

For now I'm fine if we give admins full access and others only read access,
but that should be decided at the time we create a policy handle and not
on each
operation.

metze