Any problem with a 1.8MB blob in the tree? Re: Please try to upgrade an alpha10 when enforcing new rules in samdb

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Aug 15 09:17:45 MDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 16:25 +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 20:25:59 +1000
> Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> > Just before you put it in, I just want to ask the team:
> >
> > Is there any problem adding a 1.8MB blob to our samba4 testsuite?  It is
> > an old Samba4 provision we wish to upgrade.  We may add more in future,
> > and it could get out of hand, but on the flip side, without this we
> > can't hold to our promises about upgrades very well.
> Can't we have an extra repo for all the provisions we want to test? I
> doubt we'll be running all the provision tests every time we run make
> test, so once in a while we'll have to schedule runs for some sort of
> "extended test suite", and getting that to git clone the provision test
> data should be pretty easy.
Adding a 1.8Mb blob doesn't seem like a big problem to me, but if we're
going to end up with more historic databases (which seems likely) then I
agree it makes sense to put that data into a separate repository.

Please note that we already have some old database data in the tree, in
testdata/ - old Samba 3 database files that are used by the s3upgrade
tests in Samba 4.

Cheers,

Jelmer