Any problem with a 1.8MB blob in the tree? Re: Please try to upgrade an alpha10 when enforcing new rules in samdb

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sun Aug 15 08:25:29 MDT 2010

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 20:25:59 +1000
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> Just before you put it in, I just want to ask the team:
>
> Is there any problem adding a 1.8MB blob to our samba4 testsuite?  It is
> an old Samba4 provision we wish to upgrade.  We may add more in future,
> and it could get out of hand, but on the flip side, without this we
> can't hold to our promises about upgrades very well.

Can't we have an extra repo for all the provisions we want to test? I
doubt we'll be running all the provision tests every time we run make
test, so once in a while we'll have to schedule runs for some sort of
"extended test suite", and getting that to git clone the provision test
data should be pretty easy.

Cheers,
Kai

--