joining a a DC via vampire fails

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Tue Aug 10 22:03:54 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 01:52 +0300, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>

> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 23:29, Frank Gruman <fgatwork at verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>         Kamen,
>
>         I applied the patch, but the ensuing Make failed.  I did
>         notice that this is the librpc at the root of the samba source
>         tree and not the one in the source4 directory.  I didn't pay
>         attention before, but does this build successfully with the
>         waf build??  That's the only build I am doing at the moment.
>

> My bad, sorry. I've cheated more than I had to.
> Attached is the patch corrected.
>

> Thanks for your patience.
>

> btw, when applying a patch with 'git am', it doesn't matter where are
> you in the source tree, so don't worry about this.
>

> --
> CU,
> Kamen

Hello Kamen,

Git am, eh??  I suppose one of these days I will have to bone up on the
git commands.  I had initially applied the patch with, well, patch.
Being the smart guy I am, I reset the last patch (git checkout -f) and
applied your patch, the git way (git apply <your-file.patch>).  So now I
have a successful build with your patch.

Please find the log output at
http://www.thegrumans.net/transfer/Samba4-DRSSchema.log.tar.gz
(compressed, ~1.8MB)

Regards,