Please try to upgrade an alpha10 when enforcing new rules in samdb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 9 16:59:59 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 01:03 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying hard to make one more time upgradeprovision work against all
> the change that are introduced in the code of samba4.
>
> It would be just great if you could do a test with upgradeprovision
> --full -s path_to_alpha10_smb.conf when you modify the samdb code (and
> especially when you add more strict checks).

> It will give you an idea that you are breaking upgradeprovision and that
> maybe you can do things in a different way not to break it, and if it's
> not possible then we can discuss ...
>
> In the particular case of this changeset I guess that the relax control
> has to be used, any idea or remarks ?

I guess that this is another case for relax.

However, until we have an automated test for this, it will keep
happening.

I'm very happy to have a full provision stored in the tree, for exactly
this kind of regression testing.  Please add samples from all the alpha
versions that you can, and a test that tries to upgrade it.  That is the
only way we will stop this pattern.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.