WriteAndX chain offsets

samba.10.maazl at spamgourmet.com samba.10.maazl at spamgourmet.com
Tue Aug 3 12:11:34 MDT 2010

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Can you also send a debug level 10 log of both the failure
> and the success with the patched 3.5.4? Those packets look
> really, really strange.

Well, the level 10 log of the patched version is available at
http://home.arcor.de/maazl/temp/log.mm2.tbird.3.5.4.patch.bz2
and the corresponding ethernet dump at
http://home.arcor.de/maazl/temp/tlog.tbird.3.5.4.patch.bz2

A log of the unpatched samba 3.5.4 is a bit difficult since I have to
compile it anew from scratch. However, it would be the same up to line
[2010/08/03 18:45:07.894633, 10] smbd/process.c:1919(chain_reply)
This is an additional debug that I have inserted in chain_reply to track
the problem. After that the original source bailed out with 'goto error'.

Hope that helps,

Marcel