Disabling test for ktpass

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sun Aug 1 02:56:32 MDT 2010

Hi Matthieu,

>> commit 0b4247ef7a60e7fe419681919daa3b31cae7bc48
>> Author: Stefan Metzmacher<metze at samba.org>
>> Date:   Sat Jul 31 11:31:43 2010 +0200
>>
>>      s4:selftest: skip samba4.blackbox.ktpass for now as it's not
>> portable
>>
>>      ktutil might not be installed or from MIT.
>>      We should build a samba4ktutil and use that instead,
>>      until then we need to skip this test.
>>
>>      metze
>>
> Would it be acceptable if the tests checks if ktutil  (and any other
> programs that ktpass depends on ) is present ?
> Matthieu

I'd prefer to build a samba4ktutil as we do for samba4kinit,
this would be useful on its own. As heimdal ktutil is much more useful
than the MIT ktutil, which is installed on most systems.
And they don't have the same user interface.

I'll try to look at this next week.

And we could run the test on all system then.

metze