Samba4 OpenLDAP backend

nitin bhadauria bhadauria.nitin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 06:13:29 MDT 2010

But what should i do to populate ldap database..

# net newuser test
New Password:
pdc_fsmo_init: no domain object present: (skip loading of domain details)

naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming contexts
details)

schema_load_init: no schema head present: (skip schema loading)

module schema_load initialization failed
module kludge_acl initialization failed
module operational initialization failed
module acl initialization failed
module descriptor initialization failed
module objectclass initialization failed
module asq initialization failed
module server_sort initialization failed
module paged_results initialization failed
module lazy_commit initialization failed
module rootdse initialization failed
module samba_dsdb initialization failed
Unable to load modules for /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb: (null)
Failed to create user "test" : None

# /usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
pdc_fsmo_init: no domain object present: (skip loading of domain details)

naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming contexts
details)

schema_load_init: no schema head present: (skip schema loading)

module schema_load initialization failed
module kludge_acl initialization failed
module operational initialization failed
module acl initialization failed
module descriptor initialization failed
module objectclass initialization failed
module asq initialization failed
module server_sort initialization failed
module paged_results initialization failed
module lazy_commit initialization failed
module rootdse initialization failed
module samba_dsdb initialization failed
Unable to load modules for /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb: (null)
Failed to connect to /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb - (null)